Recommended Procedures When Washing
By Steve Kenyon, Master Detailer
1) Make sure the entire vehicle is in shade.
2) Make sure all surfaces are cool to touch.
3) Mix wash solution in first bucket using Wash 'N Wax or Car Wash Soap. Never use dish soap!
Second bucket for rinsing a wash mitt.
4) Spray the entire vehicle with a water hose nozzle to remove loose contaminants.
5) Gather wash solution in a mitt and begin washing vehicle from the top down.
Try washing up and down or vertically.
6) Rinse vehicle as needed.
7) Rinse mitt frequently in a bucket of plain water after washing each section.
8) Re-gather wash solution and continue until you have washed the entire vehicle and rinsed.
9) Remove nozzle from hose, and let water flow across all surfaces.
This rinsing technique will cause water to sleet off the paint surface cutting down on drying time.
10) Never wash without taking the time to dry! Water spots De value your vehicle,
also water spots are very difficult to remove.
11) Open doors, trunk and hood to dry these areas.
12) Clean wiper blades weekly with glass cleaner.
13) Remember the factory clear coat paint will scratch and mar because of its soft nature.
Keep that wash mitt cleaned out as you wash the vehicle, this washing
cut down on swirls and scuffing on your vehicles finish.